About TAD

2021-10-13

"SOUNDS FALL"
(Two Poems: "SLEEP" and "DEATH")
by http://JTK.CA (Jonathan Tad Ketchen)


SLEEP



Sounds fall
Light dies

I close my ears
And close my eyes


I hear a song that can't be heard
Sung every night by a bird

That sings to me in my sleep
With a melancholy tweet


And when I wake
I wonder why

A fictitious bird
Can make me cry


My hair is falling on the page
As I write a poem without age

As I grow older beginning to bald
One hair at a time my life does fall




DEATH



Sounds fall
Life dies

I close my ears
And close my eyes


I wrote a poem long ago
All my hair is gone

So now I go

I sing a song I don't recognize
As I leave a shell on Planet Earth
                                 
My place of birth

                                 
But I'm born again

And I do not cry

Nor wonder why

No comments:

Post a Comment