About TAD

2011-02-02

"I ASKED/HE SAID" :::: © Tad "JTK.CA" NudistPoet

"I ASKED/HE SAID"
© Tad "JTK.CA" NudistPoet

And Satan was cheering me on
Saying,

"Yeah, they really screwed you,
Then threw you out on garbage day!
So let them feel the pain!
Dial that number and say,

'Thanks for your broken promises.
Thanks for your heartless bureaucracy.
Hidden behind your walls of authority,
Your desk is neat and tidy
But your heart is full of maggots!
Thanks for the orgy of interviews
That left me empty and writhing in the sea of waiting,
Waiting for...' "

"Yes Satan,
What am I waiting for?
I'll dial that number!"

Satan cheered me on as I dialed,
And we both waited as the phone rang forever............
..................................................................
.....................................................
"Hello, God speaking!"

"What?" I asked.

"God," He said.

"Wrong number!" I said.

"Hold on!" God said.

"HANG UP, FOR GOD'S SAKE!" Satan screamed.
And the silence was so silent
That you couldn't hear a pin drop...
As both God and I considered
The significance of what Satan had just said...

The silence exploded into laughter!

And Satan, humiliated,
Deteriorated back into the avenues of puffed-up pride
Where he could nurse his wound in safety.

JTK.CA

No comments:

Post a Comment