About TAD

2011-02-02

"DIAMOND IN THE ROUGH" :::: © Tad "JTK.CA" NudistPoet

"DIAMOND IN THE ROUGH"
© Tad "JTK.CA" NudistPoet

So many times
I've looked at myself
And then questioned the truths
Of eternity.

Christ says that someday
I'll be like Him,
But it's so hard to believe
In such a fantasy.

For the past day and a half,
I've been lost in a pain,
The incurable dismay
Of a rejection for all the wrong reasons--
Lies and cover-ups
By the brothers and sisters I'd accepted
In an alleyway of trust.

The sun had risen on the horizon of my destiny.
I could see my path, and my joy was complete.
But the curtain fell:
It was only a stage play on the stage of my life.
The props of polished mahogany...
Soon it was plain to see
The once-beautiful trees
Were hacked to death by the swings of an axe.

Christ came to His own,
But they turned Him away,
Later, cheering at His execution.

I came to my own,
Who received me at first,
Before they turned on me
With empty words and empty stares
In an empty room, once full of life.

Now I believe in the fantasy of being like Christ,
In which all the wrongs against me
Are for the right reason:
To make me more like Him.

JTK.CA

No comments:

Post a Comment