About TAD

2013-03-16

"I WANT TO KNOW YOU" ::: © Tad "JTK.CA" NudistPoet

"I WANT TO KNOW YOU"
Tad "JTK.CA" NudistPoet
Copyright © Jonathan Tad Ketchen (JTK.CA)

I want to know you in a Biblical sense
Without the Biblical repercussions.
I want to hear what you think,
Without needing a shrink
Or getting into one of our "discussions."

I took swimming lessons,
But I can't even float,
So I'm just wading in the shallow end.
And my cluelessness
Makes me unable to see
Why you want us to be "just friends."

JTK.CA

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I was partially inspired by Suzanne Vega's song, "Language," especially her brilliant lyrics, "I'd like to meet you in a timeless placeless place, somewhere out of context and beyond all consequences."

Suzanne, "if language were liquid," I'd be floating in your buoyant poetry, and your music would be my aquatic lullaby. Here are all of my Suzanne Vega-related blog posts. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment