About TAD

2011-04-01

"UNDYING LOVE TO GRANDPA ROLY" ::: © JTK.CA

My tribute poem to Dad's dad, my late Grandpa Roly
(William Roland Ketchen),
written after his 1987 passing.

"UNDYING LOVE TO GRANDPA ROLY"
by JTK.CA
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Many say you've gone away;
It's very true, you have --
Lost to sight and sound and touch,
A grandpa and a dad.

Oh, how I miss your smile!
I miss your bear hugs too.
I loved to say, "I love you!"
And hear you say, "I kind of like you too!"

I didn't grieve your "death,"
For life anew you have.
I only miss you desperately;
That's all that makes me sad.
Lost to sight and sound and touch,
A grandpa and a dad.

The sadness lingers little.
It's the beginning, and there's no end!
Found to light and life and love,
My grandpa and my friend!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://JTK.CA
Tad@NudistPoet.com
Copyright © Jonathan Tad Ketchen (JTK.CA)

WILLIAM ROLAND KETCHEN
1913-1987

His birthday was Valentine's Day,
which was TOTALLY appropriate. :-) <3

No comments:

Post a Comment