About TAD

2014-08-27

“ARMAGEDDON WITHOUT MUSTARD” by JTK.CA

“ARMAGEDDON WITHOUT MUSTARD” by JTK.CA

Wednesday, August 27, 2014, Mom, Dad, and I went out to celebrate their 48th Wedding Annniversary by visiting Guelph’s newest burger joint, THE BURGER’S PRIEST, in Stone Road Mall. It is a clever mix of evangelism and delicious burgers, with whimsical menu items like THE VATICAN CITY (a double cheeseburger squeezed between two grilled cheese buns) and the RELIGIOUS HYPOCRITE ( a veggie burger with bacon ;-) ♥. A huge white brick wall is emblazoned with the scripture passage of Jesus’ calling of his first disciples, in both English and New Testament Greek. Although, I pointed out to my parents one mistake in the Greek version. It had spaces between the words, but New Testament Greek had no spaces between words. It was way ahead of the modern internet which also allows no spaces in email or web addresses. I studied New Testament Greek in grade 9, in my Christian school. Dad was the teacher.

Anyway, on to the title of this essay: we were hearing employees call out when people’s burger orders were ready. The first funny thing was them calling out the completed burger orders through a thin metal wall with myriad holes like a confession booth’s patterned screen. The second funny thing sent me into hysterics when a cook called out another burger order that was ready. He exclaimed, “ARMAGEDDON WITHOUT MUSTARD!” Through my tears of laughter, I chortled to my parents, “That’s what I’m going to name my band!”

© JTK.CA
Tad “JTK.CA” NudistPoet
(NudeCreations.com)
© Jonathan Tad Ketchen
TadCreations.com
Guelph, Ontario, Canada
NudistPoet.com
519-­­780-1057 (Home)
Tad@NudistPoet.com
519-­­830-4812 (Mobile)
NudeCreations.TUMBLR.com

No comments:

Post a Comment