About TAD

2010-08-22

"ROBERT SMITH FORMS A RUSSIAN DOLL WITH WORDS" :::: © JTK.CA

Current mood: enthralled

"ROBERT SMITH FORMS A RUSSIAN DOLL WITH WORDS"
Review: © Jonathan Tad Ketchen (JTK.CA) <Tad@NudistPoet.com>

After listening to the song, "DISINTEGRATION" by THE CURE, for a couple of decades, I cannot stress how much I think Robert Smith (of "The Cure") is a master poet! The title song of The Cure's album, "DISINTEGRATION," is filled with a slew of amazing lyrics written by Smith, culminating in an absolutely brilliant Russian Doll of Words:

"Dropping through sky
Through the glass of the roof
Through the roof of your mouth
Through the mouth of your eye
Through the eye of the needle
It's easier for me to get closer to heaven
Than to ever feel whole again"

The Cure's song, "DISINTEGRATION," is a lyrical, intense, uncompromisingly honest musical masterpiece!



TheCure.com

I am hopelessly addicted to The Cure. As I've often said, "The Cure's music is depressing, but I love it because it's brilliantly depressing!" Robert Smith, The Cure's lead singer, is one of my creative heroes! At least 9 of my poems are inspired by The Cure in some way.

Love in Christ
(the best kind),

Tad (JTK.CA)
NudistPoet.com

No comments:

Post a Comment