About TAD

2009-03-25

"ANOTHER WEIRD DREAM...IS THERE ANY OTHER KIND?" ::: © JTK.CA

"ANOTHER WEIRD DREAM...IS THERE ANY OTHER KIND?"
by JTK.CA
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I just had a weird dream. The last words I remember are, "Friends, Romans, countrymen; give me your potatoes!"

I was saying it in the dream, because I was sort of trying to remember one of my favourite FAR SIDE cartoons, with Patrick Henry at the dinner table with his family. He's standing up, and his wife says something like, "Sit down Patrick Henry! Enough with the 'give me potatoes or give me death!'"

I used to be addicted to THE FAR SIDE by Gary Larson. I had all his books up to that point, and I had each and every cartoon panel memorized. My college roommate would give me FAR SIDE quizzes to entertain our friends. When I could, from memory, describe any random cartoon drawing or recite word-for-word every word in a random cartoon, our friends' jaws would drop to the floor in disbelief.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Tad's Note:
To my "Friends, Romans, countrymen; give me your potatoes!"
my brother Mike wrote back:
"Cogito ergo potato. I think, therefore I yam."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://JTK.CA
Tad@NudistPoet.com
Copyright © Jonathan Tad Ketchen (JTK.CA)

No comments:

Post a Comment